NCREIF was established to serve the institutional real estate investment community as a non-partisan collector, processor, validator and disseminator of real estate performance information.
NCREIF's Mission Statement
NCREIF is a not-for-profit trade association that serves its membership, and the academic and investment community's need for improved commercial real estate data, performance measurement, investment analysis, information standards, education, and peer group interaction by:
- Collecting, processing and reporting data in a secure environment;
- Producing performance measurement indices;
- Encouraging academic and member use of NCREIF data for objective research;
- Providing forums with strong educational content to address industry issues;
- Publishing informed industry related articles and reports; and
- Contributing to the development of Real Estate Information Standards.
What is NCREIF?
The National Council of Real Estate Investment Fiduciaries (NCREIF) is an association of institutional real estate professionals who share a common interest in their industry.
They are investment managers, plan sponsors, academicians, consultants, appraisers, CPA's and other service providers who have a significant involvement in institutional estate investments. They come together to address vital industry issues and to promote research.
The membership is comprised of:
- Data Contributing Members:
Investment managers and plan sponsors who own or manage real estate in a fiduciary setting.
- Affiliated Data Contributing Members:
Investment managers or other corporations who own or manage real estate in a fiduciary setting but who do not currently qualify as Data Contributing Members.
- Academic Members:
Full-time professors of real estate.
NCREIF produces several quarterly indices that show real estate performance returns using data submitted to us by our Data Contributing Members.
Would you like to become a member or subscribe?